Fish marinated and cooked in a coconut, tamarind based gravy.
Fresh sole fish
1 tsp black pepper powder
Juice of 1 lemon
1 sliced onion
2 tsp coriander seeds
2 tsp black pepper
2 Tbsp raw rice
6 cloves garlic
1 cup of grated coconut
1 cup of coriander leaves
1 large piece ginger (chopped)
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
1/2 tsp clove powder
Half cup of tamarind paste
1.Cut fish into even size pieces and marinate with salt, black pepper powder and lemon juice for 30 minutes.
2. Dry roast coriander seeds, black pepper and raw rice till the rice turns brown. Cool and grind it.
3. Now add garlic, grated coconut, coriander leaves, ginger and water. Blend all the ingredients to make a fine paste. Extract the pulp.
4. Do not throw away the water. Blend the pulp again by adding half a cup of hot water to make a fine paste. Extract the pulp again.
5. Take groundnut oil and add sliced onions and tamarind paste. Then add the coconut extracts and salt. Simmer on low heat.
6. Add fish pieces and cook for two minutes. Add cinnamon powder and clove powder and stir gently.